Let's do a meet the blogger questionnaire!
I have been trying really hard to write about my dad's hospital experiences from my point of view, but I can't seem to get it out. In the meantime I shall bore you with some trivial information about myself by blatantly stealing a list of questions from http://question-meme.tumblr.com/post/87877513822/meet-the-blogger. You are welcome!
I have been trying really hard to write about my dad's hospital experiences from my point of view, but I can't seem to get it out. In the meantime I shall bore you with some trivial information about myself by blatantly stealing a list of questions from http://question-meme.tumblr.com/post/87877513822/meet-the-blogger. You are welcome!
LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
- Name: Roxanne (please don't sing it, I beg you)
- Eye color: Hazel
- Hair style/color: Boring brown, with that frizzy kind of wave. I have to style it if I want to look at least semi decent, but I usually wake up too late so... ummm yes.
- Height: 1.64m
- Clothing style: In my head I like the idea of being chic and elegant, but honestly if it is clean and it fits then I'm wearing it.
- Best physical feature: ??? What kind of question is this? I have a straight nose?
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- Your fears: Losing the people I love. And then heights, I am absolutely petrified, I almost cried just trying to put one foot onto the platform to see the Mac Mac falls in Nelspruit, I know that it is irrational, but I can't seem to help it.
- Your guilty pleasure: Listening to 'My Favorite Murder' podcast while I work. Don't judge me, it's interesting.
- Ambitions for the future: How about someone submits some ideas, we throw them in a hat and I pick one at random?
LAYER THREE: THOUGHTS
- Your first thoughts waking up: I''ll just sleep for 5 more minutes, then followed by oh shit I'm late.
- What you think about most: What don't I think about?
- Right now my dad for obvious reasons;
- my husband and kid;
- why people don't feel the need to stop at stop streets or red lights anymore;
- what am I going to make for dinner tonight;
- why does everyone need to eat every damn night;
- I wonder if toast is a substanial dinner (my family says no);
- how many school lunches do I have to make until Layla finishes grade 12;
- maybe I should ask Stephen if he would consider getting a second wife on the condition that she does all of the cooking and cleaning - I think I could be okay with that (in case you haven't realised yet I'm just kidding);
- I need a holiday;
- and then wondering when last I was happy and if I will ever feel happy again.
- What you think about before bed: About how much I love my bed, it is so comfortable, and then also all of the above plus more.
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
- Single or group dates: Let's get real, this completely doesn't apply. I'm married and we've been together for almost 11 years. I can't remember the last time I went on a date, single or otherwise. Rather ask me what I think about kid's birthday parties.
- To be loved or respected: I don't see why I'm I not allowed to expect both?
- Beauty or brains: What the hell kind of questions are these?
- Dogs or cats: Cats, but family is allergic to them, so dogs win by default.
- Lie: Usually when I don't want to hurt someone. P.S. Everyone lies. Actually that would make a great title for a book.
- Believe in yourself: Oh hell no. I am 34 and have no clue what I am doing with my life.
- Believe in love: I didn't for the longest time, and I didn't like who I was when I didn't. Now I do though and love (and I am not just talking about the romantic kind just to be clear) is everything.
- Want someone: Yes, someone to cook and clean for me.
LAYER SIX: EVER?
- Been on stage: Yes, and it was mostly terrible.
- Changed who you were to fit in: Every damn day.
LAYER SEVEN: FAVORITES
- Favorite color: There is no one favourite, but I am obsessed with all colours in the mint to turquoise range. I also love grey.
- Favorite animal: No, they're all pretty cool and interesting in their own way.
- Favorite movie: Strange Magic; Love Actually; and a whole other lot I can't remember the names of anymore (yes must totally be one of my favourites if I can't remember the title right?)
- Favorite show: I am going to assume they mean TV series, in which case hands down Friends and The Office (American version)
- Favorite book: Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
- Day your next birthday will be: The same day it is every year??? I am guessing they mean which day of the week, in which case it is a Monday, awesome! But that is far away so I don't have to think about it for a while.
- How old will you be:
Too old35 - Does age matter: Now that I am old, not anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment